Saturday, May 14, 2005

TAKE AWAY THE GHOSTS THAT HAUNT ME NOW

I swear to sweet christ a ghost follows me around in my apartment. I hear little things here and there, like the doorbell going off when it doesn't, and some rumblings and shouts when no one else can hear anything. I feel my cellphone vibrating in this one corner of the kitchen, every time I'm there my leg feels that sensation through the pocket where I keep my phone, yet it never actually goes off. In fact, I can barely get signal in my apartment. All summer, I lived just one floor above in another apartment in the same building, and I had no problems with cellphone service, but here, I'm lucky if I don't have to dial 3 times before I can get through to the other end.

When I told this to Angela last night, she was the classic skeptic. "Solution: get a new phone, and have your hearing checked!" she said.

No comments: